iTab POS 2.2.21 Release Notes
- California Payroll Report
- User will be allowed to define multiple OT slab in Daily overtime settings.
- A new report “OT Based Payroll” is available in Reports-> Employee.
- The report will show the OT hrs and value based on the OT slab defined for daily.
- Refer to California Payroll
- Instant Cash reward deposit percentage.
- In the iTab admin, a new switch is added to enable the cash reward.
- While enabling the switch, the user will be allowed to enter the percentage for a Cash reward.
- In the sales recap report, a new field “Deposit” will be added in Credit Card table.
- Formula used to calculate Deposit: (Amt+Tip) – ((Amt+Tip) *Percentage for Cash Reward Service)
- Refer to Reward Service Charges
- Bottle deposit
- The user will be provided with an option to define the Tax in Amount.
- The option will be applicable only for the item tax.
- Once the user-defined the tax type in Amount, then the user will not be allowed to change the type to Percentage.
- Refer to Bottle deposit
- iPad Quick bar navigation
- In Back office, the user will be provided with an option to select the initial screen in POS after login.
- In POS settings, the user will be provided to enable or disable the Quick bar Navigation.
- If the switch is enabled, then the user will be landed to the Initial Page mapped to the user in the Back office.
- Refer to Quick bar Navigation
- Profile selection for Male and female
- In the customer Creation screen, the user will be provided with an option to select the Gender for the customer.
- Gender can be selected from the drop-down.
- Refer to Profile Selection
- World Pay Integration
- The world pay will be applicable for the customer who are enabled for the MPPG Credit Card in the iTab Admin.
- In the Magtek Merchant credentials, the customer should be enabled for World Pay for payment gateway.
- In the back office to enable the World Pay Payment mode, the Payment type MPPG will be created.
- In the iPad Hardware settings, user need to select the World pay device and connect it through Bluetooth to proceed with the World Pay payment integration.
- Refer to World Pay Integration
- Item category service charge
- New option to define the service charge in % is available in Product/item -> Item Service Charge.
- The defined service charge can be mapped to the Categories.
- While adding the item to the check which is defined for service charge, the same will be applied to the check.
- Refer to Item Service Charge
LIN-10601 – Menu item is not calculating the tax when applying buy 1 get 1 offer
LIN-11031 – Discount is applying for the voided menu item
LIN 10775 – Gift card 100% discount
When the check has Gift card recharge as an item and if the user tries to apply 100% discount, then instead of the 0, the check value goes in Negative
In the current system, there is an option to define a single overtime and the same will be calculated during the payroll process, and its going to be further enhanced to have an Overtime Slab for the employees. Therefore the payroll will be generated based on these overtime slabs. In general practice, the payroll will be calculated on days the basis or on the week basis
California State Govt Rule
The California payroll need to follow the below rule while calculating the Overtime for their employees.
Rule 1: As per California state rules, if an employee OT hours falls for both day and weekly, then the highest rate should be calculated.
- To set the overtime slab for a different time range.
- A new report to generate the payroll process with different OT Range
The below screens will have the functionality enhancement.
- Settings -> Store -> Overtime Settings.
- Settings -> Sore -> Settings.
- User Management -> User.
- Reports -> Payroll/Role-Based Payroll
Let’s assume the employee pay per hour is $11. The Overtime slab for Daily will be defined in the Settings as below.
Consecutive work day:7
if the shift is for 8 hours, the system will calculate 150% from 9 to 12th hour. If the employee continues for more than 12hrs then the system will calculate 200% of his regular pay per hour On the 7th consecutive workday, the 1st 8 hours will be calculated for 150%(OT-1) and more than 8hrs the OT will be calculated for 200%(OT-2). The Overtime slab for Weekly will be defined in the Settings as below.
If the employee works for more than 40hrs in a week then the OT will be calculated for 150% from 40th hr of a week
Payroll Calculation based on California State Rule.
if an employee OT hours falls for both day and weekly, then the highest rate should be calculated.
Let’s assume the employee working hours in a week as below.
|Workday||Hrs||Reg Hrs||OT Hrs|
In this case, the employee is eligible for daily and weekly OT. In this case, as per California state rule system, When more than one overtime rate could apply, overtime hours must be compensated for which overtime rate is higher.Payroll calculation for weekly:
Regular working hours: 40
OT Hours: 31
OT Pay: 31*16.5=511.5
Pay for regular hours=440
Total Weekly Pay= 440+511.5 =951.5
Payroll Calculation for daily:
|Work-days||HRS||Reg Hrs||OT-1 Hrs||OT-2 Hrs|
Pay for Regular working hrs: 40*11=440
OT-1: 25*16.5= 412.50
OT-2: 6*22= 132
|Payroll= Pay for Regular working hrs + OT-1 Pay + OT-2 Pay|
Changes in the Back Office
To set the overtime slab for a different time range.
- An option to define multiple OT slab for Daily Overtime should be enabled.
- For weekly overtime, there will be only one slab (The existing one will be followed)
- The UI needs to be changed in order to get the multiple overtime slab for Daily Overtime.
- The New UI should have the below fields.
- Overtime Type: The user will select the overtime type either as Daily or Weekly (Existing)
- Overtime 1: The user will enter the number of hours and the percentage to be calculated.
- Overtime 2: The user will be entering the second overtime slab and the percentage for the payroll calculation.
- Consecutive workday: By default, the value should be 7. And the field must be disabled
- Effective Date: Date from which the payroll should be calculated as defined.
- The UI should be below
- UI for weekly
The OT hours will be a numeric field.
The system should not allow the user to enter the overtime 2 without entering the Overtime1.Reports:
- The existing “Role-Based Payroll” report needs to be duplicated and a new button needs to be added to execute the report with the OT slab.
- OT Slab- while selecting this option, the system needs to pull the OT hours and the OT Pay based on the OT Definition. A filter option on the OT slab will be provided to execute the report.
- Total hours should have the sum of OT hours (OT1+OT2+OT3) and the OT Pay should be the sum of (OTPAY1+OTPAY2+OTPAY3)
For monthly employees, the Total OT Hours alone will be displayed and it won’t show any OT split-ups. Users who are all not using the OT slab, No need to refer to this new OT Based payroll. This report is only for OT slab users.
Cash Reward Service Charges
This document describes the enhancement in Sale Recap report and Cashier Out report.
Changes in the iTab Admin
- A new field Percentage for Cash Reward Service Charge will be displayed when the option “Show Cash Reward” is enabled in the Stores screen. [Dashboard >> Select any account name >> Click on the ‘Stores’]
- While enabling the “Percentage for Cash Reward Service”, the system should auto-update.
- In the current system, the Page gets auto-updated for each and every action, a manual update option should be enabled for “Percentage for Cash Reward Service”.
- So the system should save/update the cash reward Percentage only after selecting the Update button.
Changes in the Back Office
- A new column “Deposit” will be displayed in the “Credit Card” section of the Sales Recap report. [Reports >> Sale >> Sale Recap]
- Deposit = (Amt+Tip) – ((Amt+Tip) *Percentage for Cash Reward Service)
In the above example,
For Amex Card, Total = 590.55 + 144.50 = 735.05
Percentage for Cash Reward Service = 4% [given in the iTab Admin]
Deposit = 735.05 – (735.05*4/100) = 705.65
- The above change will also be displayed in the Cashier Out Report. [Reports >> Sale >> Cashier Out]
The above changes will also be displayed in the Cashier Out a report in the POS.
In the current system, the tax is defined in Percentage and it can be applied either to Item, Check or on Item Tax or On Check Tax.
An option to define the TAX in value and Percentage
Input for development Team:
- In phase 1, the enhancement will be developed only for the TAX created from Tax Screen.
- In phase 2, the enhancement will be developed for creating the tax from Menu item and category and in import/Export.
- New Tax
- Quantity Based Tax
- Tax Report
- Sales Recap Report
Changes in Back office
Page Navigation: Product/Item
- A drop-down button needs to be added in TAX window to select whether the TAX needs to be defined in Percentage or in Amount.
- By default, the type needs to be Percentage.
- If the Type is selected as a Percentage in the drop-down then the Percentage column needs to be displayed.
- If the Type is selected as Amount in the drop-down then the Amount column need to be displayed.
- If the type is selected as Amount, then “Apply to” column will be as “item” by default and will restrict the user to edit it.
- If the Type is selected as Amount, then the system will not allow selecting “Default Tax”, “Quantity Based Tax” and “Inclusive Tax” option
- The tax in Amount can be defined in a maximum of 2 decimals.
Once the tax type is defined as Amount then the system will not allow the user to change the type to percentage and vice versa.
Tax Type Percentage
Qty Based Tax(Existing Process)
Tax Type : Value
TAX definition for “TAX PER SERVICE TYPE”
- While creating the TAX with TAX PER SERVICE TYPE, the acknowledge message need to be changed as “Would you like to set the Percentage/Value for all the service”
- The value will be allowed to define in 2decimal.s
Changes in Report.
In the Sales Recap for the Tax which is defined in Value the % column will be as ‘–‘.
In the TAX Report for the Tax which is defined in Value, the Tax Percentage column will be as ‘–‘.
Changes in iPad.
While making the sales in iPad for the items to which value tax is mapped in bo, the system should apply the tax value like tax percentage.
- While creating the tax from Category, Modifier and item there won’t be an option to select the tax type, so by default, the tax type will be as Percentage while Quering it in TAX screen.
- In import-export, the tax type won’t be shown in the 1st phase development.
- The TAX can be defined in Value only while creating from the TAX screen.
Quick Bar Navigation
This document describes the enhancement of the Quick bar navigation on the iPad.
Changes in the iPad
- When the user logs in, the user will be navigated to the Bar Tab of ‘Check Stats’ screen, if the iPad Initial Screen is Bar Service and Quick Bar is disabled.
- The option ‘iPad Initial Screen’ is available in the User screen on the Back Office. [User Management >> Users >> Add or Edit User]
- The option ‘Quick Bar’ is available on the POS Settings screen. [Operations >> POS Settings]
- When the user logs in, the user will be navigated to the Order Screen, if the iPad Initial Screen is Bar Service and Quick Bar is enabled.
- The Bar Tab service will be selected by default in the Order Screen.
- When the user clicks on the Bar Tab custom button, the user will be navigated to the Bar Tab of ‘Check Stats’ screen if the Quick Bar is disabled in the POS Settings screen.
- When the user clicks on the Bar Tab custom button, the user will be navigated to the Order Screen, if the Quick Bar is enabled on the POS Settings screen.
In the current system, there is an option to add a new customer from POS (iPad), but there is no option to select the Gender for that customer. A new Field to capture the Gender need to be added.
Gender type can be as follows:
- The customers can be created both in POS and Backoffice
- The customers created in POS will be synchronized with the back office, so the customer created from store A can be pulled in Store B too.
- While creating the customer in POS, the system will validate with the unique key like Customer Contact number and the Email ID. If the contact number or email id already exists in the Back office or POS system will show an error as “Record Already Exists”.
- While creating the customer in POS(iPad) the Gender field will be mandatory and should not allow the user to save without selecting the Gender. The created customer will be synchronized to the back office along with the Gender
Changes in POS.
- A new field “Gender” needs to be added in the Customer Creation menu.
- The Gender will be of 3type as follows,
- Gender will be the mandatory field, without selecting the gender, the system should not allow the user to save the customer.
- Dropdown will be provided to select the gender.
World Pay Integration
Our system accepts different types of payment like cash, Gift card, Credit card, Ingenico, now customer wants to integrate the World Pay with our POS.
The store will have either MPPG Magtek or MPPG World pay but not both.
Configuration in Admin Section
- Enable the option MPPG in the Other Details section. [Account >> Stores >> Select the store for which the respective payment needs to be enabled.]
- Provide the Merchant Details and select the Payment Gateway as World pay
- Finally, click on the Save option.
Configuration in the back office
The payment ‘World Payment’ method needs to be enabled in the back office. [Settings >> Store >> Settings]
- In the Payment Methods section, click on the button.
- Choose the payment type as MPPG and provide the payment name as World Pay.
- Click on the button in the Payment Methods section.
- Click on the Update button on the Settings screen.
- For submitting the payments in the batch, an option Batch Submit Device will be displayed in the Settings screen.
- The option Batch Submit Device list all the available nodes of the store. You will be able to select any one of the nodes who can submit the batch from the iPad. Others will not be able to submit the batch from the iPad.
- Finally, click on the Publish option to reflect the changes in the POS.
Managing the payment in iPad
- Tap on the Hardware Settings in the Operations screen.
- Make a pair with the World Pay device by
- Press the World Pay device.
- Blue color light will be displayed on the device.
- Then the device name will be displayed in the Select a Bluetooth card reader section.
- On selecting the respective device in POS, a prompt will be displayed.
- Provide the PIN in the prompt and tap Pair.
- Create a sale.
- Tap on the Payment option and choose the World Payment name to perform payment through the device.
- For Swipe transactions, swipe the card in World Pay device to perform the transaction.
- For Chip Card transactions, insert the card in World Pay device and click on the Process EMV in the Digital Card Screen to perform the transaction.
- When no value is chosen in the Batch submit device in the back office and when you tried to submit the World pay batch, a message will be displayed saying ‘Please set the default batch submit device in Back Office store settings’
- When the value is chosen in the Batch submit device in the back office and when you tried to submit the World pay batch from different nodes, a message will be displayed saying ‘World Pay default batch device has been set to – <node>! Try batch device from specified device’.
- When the value is chosen in the Batch submit device in the back office and when you tried to submit the World pay batch from the same node, you can submit the batch without any intervention.
- If a check is not voided within 30 minutes of the sale, then you cannot perform a Void transaction. The check can only be refunded.
- World pay does not support refund without receipt
- In Worldpay, you can refund the payment for Authorized transactions only after it is captured.
- World pay does not support zero auth
- World pay does not allow to refund the same amount twice consecutively for the same check.
- World pay does not support Extended Pre-auth
Item Service Charge
Service Charge is an additional charge used by the restaurants in INDIAN market, it’s a sole discretion of the restaurant to charge for the service provided. Usually it’s a Percentage.
This document describes the functionality of ‘Item Service Charge’.
Changes in the Back Office
Item Service Charge
- A new navigation Item Service Charge will be displayed in the Products/Items. [Products/Items >> Item Service Charge]
- The screen displays a grid table having the columns:
- To edit an Item Service Charge, click on the icon.
- To delete an Item Service Charge, click on the icon.
- To add a new Item Service Charge, click on the icon.
- When the user clicks on the icon, the pop-up displays as
- The pop-up has the following details:
- It displays all the Item tax(es) available in the store.
- The user can select multiple taxes.
- Finally, the user clicks on the Save button.
- On clicking the ‘Save’ button, the newly added service charge will be displayed in the grid table.
- On clicking the ‘Cancel’ button, the changes will be discarded, and the pop-up will be closed.
- A new option Item Service Charge will be displayed in the Categories screen.
- It displays all the Service Charges.
- The user can select any one of the service charges.
- To remove the service charge, select None.
Changes in the POS
When the user selects the menu item(s) for which the service charge has been configured, the Item Service Charge will be displayed in the Order Summary section.
Service Charge to be applied on the check before Tax
Tax to be charged on service Charge